The New Jersey Scholarship Process
To qualify for the Give Back scholarship program, student applicants need to be Pell Grant eligible. As a general guideline, if your student qualifies for a lunch subsidy program, your household may be eligible for a Pell Grant.
Please click here to complete an inquiry form..
During your ninth grade year:
- OCTOBER Attend a mandatory information session.
- BEFORE NOVEMBER Complete the College Cost Estimator to determine your financial eligibility (a website link will be provided to you at the information session).
- BEFORE JANUARY 15If you meet the financial requirements, Give Back will ask you to complete an online application. This includes essays, recommendations, report cards and more.
- FEBRUARY – MARCH Online application is due March 1. After evaluation, you may be asked to attend an in-person interview.
- BY APRIL 15All applicants will be notified of the Give Back selection committee’s decision.