Getting Started with Give Back Careers
Give Back Careers will empower students by helping them set clear goals, lay a sound academic foundation, and explore career pathways while still in high school. Students are recruited as early as 8th grade and are provided with coaching and support aimed at uncovering career aptitudes and interests. Students will be able to enroll in and complete the post-secondary certifications, credentials, and degrees they need to launch a promising career.
An important first step in our application process is completing the Student Interest Form — fill it out today!
If you have questions about the program or need assistance with the Student Interest Form,
please call our Scholar Support Center at (888) 383-9877 (press 1 at the prompt).
Why Join Give Back Careers?
- Give Back Students will build a yearly Student Action Plan and work with an adult coach who will meet with them regularly to ensure progress towards self-identified goals. Long-term coaching starts when the student is enrolled and continues until the student completes their postsecondary education and launches a career.
- Bi-monthly Scholar Saturdays throughout the school-year help students learn essential life skills, provide grade-appropriate group activities, and build a community with Give Back Students across the nation.
- Career coaching and discovery events help students to uncover interests, skills, passions, and then identify appropriate career paths. These will include business and college tours to help students gain a real world understanding of certifications/education requirements, earning potential, etc.
- Assistance identifying and obtaining funding for appropriate career & technical education, certifications, and degrees. Opportunities for grants and assistance to help cover the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
- Academic advising, post-secondary planning, and financial aid and FAFSA assistance as students transition from high school to trade school, community college, or college.
Who Is Eligible for Give Back Careers?
Pell Grant Eligible with a $0 EFC
Enrolled in 8th Grade or Above
What is the Application Process?
1. Complete the Student Interest Form here.
2. If eligible, you will be sent a link to complete the Give Back Eligibility Calculator (GEC) to determine financial eligibility.
3. Eligible students who complete the GEC will receive the official Give Back Careers application.
4. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified.
Still Have Questions?
Give Something Back does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity in the delivery of its services to youth.